FEATURES: Prevents runaway nitro or gasoline powered vehicles
Operates with both 4.8 and 6V batteries
Protects against low receiver battery power below 3.8V and loss of
Universal male and female plugs are compatible with Futaba, JR,
Hitec and Airtronics Z radio systems, see COMMENTS below
INCLUDES: One Duratrax Failsafe Unit with universal male and female plugs
REQUIRES: Use of NiCD or NiMH batteries, do NOT use ALKALINES
Connecting between receiver and throttle servo
SPECS: Length: 0.92" (23.5mm)
Width: 0.67" (17mm)
Thickness: 0.23" (5.8mm)
Weight: 0.18oz (5g) approximate
Length of Wires: 2.75" (70mm) approximate
COMMENTS: Be certain radio system uses center red positive receiver/servo
1. Turn on your transmitter and power to your receiver.
2. From your transmitter throttle, set the amount of brake you
would like applied to the throttle/brake servo when Failsafe
is activated from loss of signal or battery power.
3. While holding this throttle position from your transmitter,
push and hold the "set" button on the Failsafe for 2 seconds
until the red LED is illuminated. The Failsafe position is
the same for both battery and signal Failsafe.
HSP 03028 FAILSAFE FOR RC HOBBIES NITRO CAR TRUCK BUGGY
03028 FAILSAFE 4 RC HOBBIES 1/5 SCALE CAR TRUCK BUGGY
Low battery warning
Prevents accidents by detecting low battery voltage, low radio battery voltage, no radio signal, and signal interference
Stops vehicle by applying brake servo
Compatible with 4.8V-6V receiver power source
REQUIRES: Connect fail-safe unit to throttle/brake servo and receiver
· Auxiliary safety device that constantly checks the pulse signal from the receiver by means of a CPU and turns on a fail safe (F/S) function if the pulse is disturbed by interference. When the power supply voltage drops, a battery fail (B-F/S) function turns on and moves the throttle servo to the position set (brake or engine slow) by a trimmer
· Compact and lightweight design does not affect servo performance.
· Response quickly to erroneous operation by interference, etc. and prevents loss of control of R/C models.
· Quick recall function quickly resets the F/S function by normal servo output signal from the receiver when the interference, etc. disappears.
Fail-Safe Break Setup
Connect the fail-safe unit to throttle/brake servo and receiver
Be sure to observe the polarity of the wire leads.
Apply full brakes on transmitter and press the set key for two seconds until you see the flashing red light pause.
Check the function prior to actual operation by turning on the transmitter and moving throttle stick up and/or to brakes position.
E-mail a friend about this item.
Return to Catalog